The duties of the Supreme Court cover a grand spectrum of legislation and jurisdiction. First and foremost, they are to interpret the law. The Supreme Court is to define, defend, and uphold the American Constitution. Another duty of the Supreme Court is that they hear cases from lower State courts. For example, the Supreme Court handles irreconcilable disputes between State courts. An important duty of the Supreme Court is to insure all laws conform to the Constitution. The Supreme Court is our country’s highest Appellate court.
- Constitution Party Denounces Supreme Court’s Ten Commandments Decision
- What is the Mexico Style of Government?
- Bush v. Gore – Looking Back at the Controversial Supreme Court Decision
- Supreme Court Justices Currently on Bench
- What Does the Senate Judiciary Committee Do?